Guyanese Style chicken Patties

                       These spicy meat filled pastries were a staple in my home as a child. The ironic part is, my mother never actually made them! We would always purchase them from Sybil's Bakery on Liberty Avenue in Queens, NY. Whenever you walked in and said, "I'd like four chicken patties please" the response would always be, "Guyanese or Jamaican style?" By the end of this post, you will come to understand that the two styles are truly very different .

There was no rhyme or reason as to which type of patty I was in the mood for during my visit to Sybil's, but I do remember just wanting to taste the spice that came along with one of these delicacies. I also made sure to always buy a bottle of cream soda to wash it all down! Guyanese pastries are just not complete without the added taste of cream soda in the background.

Chicken patties are about the size of a small apple and are served as an appetizer or can be eaten as a snack. No matter the time, I am always in the mood for one of these savory treats...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOJO REVILLAS SOCIAL MEDIA POST LEADS TO SPECULATIONS WITH BREAKUP OF JODI STA.MARIA

PHIL to finally buy submarines